Why they came to Finetune
- As a national training provider for electrical and plumbing apprenticeships, JTL need to attract a consistent, high volume of quality candidates that they could put through their apprenticeship scheme.
- They had previously relied on traditional marketing, however, they were no longer proving effective in appealing to a younger target audience (16-24 years old).
- They also noticed that employers (35-55 years old), who were usually responsive to traditional marketing were now using new forms of media to find a suitable training provider.
- Although positioned as one of the top 3 work-based learning providers in the country, many people in the industry hadn’t heard of them. Therefore they were lacking local and national brand awareness.
What Finetune did for JTL
- Firstly we evaluated their current marketing activities to identify if we could save them money by re-allocating a proportion of their marketing budget to more worthwhile activities online.
- From that, we worked alongside their web design agency to develop a new website and provide recommendations on how to improve their web design and copy, so that when visitors landed on the site they were presented with a great experience.
- We worked on improving their national and local keyword rankings, to start driving more relevant website traffic to the site.
- Alongside the SEO work, we also developed a social media strategy targeted at generating more enquiries from potential apprentices. This would also help to further enhance JTL’s brand awareness.
60% increase in new visitors to the website compared to the previous website
108% increase in apprenticeship applications compared to the previous year
Employer enquiries have practically doubled as a results of the SEO campaign we implemented.
JTL have gone from struggling to generate enquires to having to take on more staff in order to deal with the abundance of new apprenticeship applications and employer enquiries. Nice problem to have!